Tuesday 27 January 2015

Makeup inspired by 2015's Colour Of The Year, MARSALA / Smudged eyeliner




Color authority Pantone revealed it's 2015 Color of the Year, a rich yet relatable hue known as MARSALA. Pantone described the color as "a naturally robust and earthy wine red". I absolutely love it, it's like rich red-brow-coppery! I can see already in beauty magazines, interior designs and few shops such as Sephora in USA sells already new marsala eyeliners, mascaras, lipsticks and eyeshadows. It's beautiful colour although I think you have to be careful how to apply as sometimes these colors can look like bit ill eye if that makes sense. I think if you mix with some red browns and some transition colours, such as light brown and dark brown then will look beautiful. To intensify the look apply black eyeliner and smudge it out. Eye makeup products used:
Mac - Hot Paprika
Mac - Coppering
Mac - Wedge
Mac - Spectacle of Yourself
Mac - Swiss Chocolate
Mac - Lorelei
Ben Nye - DR-17 Red-Brown
Mac lip pencil - Bittersweet. Yes yes it is a lip pencil, but I have mentioned in my previous blog posts I use on the inner waterline. It does wonders, your eyes just 'pop'
Rimmel  - black kohl pencil. I do the messy line very close to the lash line and then smudge it out. Therefore I am achieving that soft line finish instead of sharp line. 
Seems a lot of eyeshadows, but it is all about blending those colors and define your eyes. Of course you can use one or two eyeshadows and will look as beautiful, but I love to experiment. 
Hope you like it:)

Don't forget to check out my other social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and You Tube. All links are on top of the page. Please subscribe. Thank you!:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment